12 Weeks to Rewire
Your Creative Writing
REGISTRATION FOR THE COURSE IS CURRENTLY CLOSED
Thank you for expressing interest in joining the Sense Writing Course!
When inspiration strikes, you feel alive.
What if you were able to just switch on your creativity?
When we feel an urge to create, we can often feel pressure to make it happen. We mistakenly believe we need to try harder. It’s “mind over matter.”
But the source of your creative power isn’t in your mind, it’s in…
Are you an aspiring writer who wants to break old habits and unlock your voice?
Are you an experienced writer who has started a project but is struggling to finish it?
Or maybe you have a passionate urge to write and create but don’t even know where to begin?
Discover the Smarter
Part of Yourself
With over 100 specialized writing and neuro-sensory movement sequences, Sense Writing is a groundbreaking approach that anyone can use to unleash their creativity.
12 Weeks to Building a Resilient Writing Practice
from the Inside Out
The Sense Writing Course is an accessible online program designed to take you through this unique approach to creative writing.
Whether you already write or aspire to, you will leave with the tools and skills to bring your voice and vision to fruition.
I never in a million years would have said I’m a writer or I write before I took Sense Writing. I didn’t think I had anything to say at all or that I could actually articulate it on paper.”Emily Tobey
How Sense Writing Differs
The Common Methods
Senses Writing goes beyond the common methods such as traditional genre classes and free writes.
These can either make the product or process feel forced or keep you spiraling in old habits of thought and language, obscuring your true voice.
Sense Writing‘s specialized writing and movement sequences help you reach a place of supple awareness, where elements of craft and story emerge and flow organically.
With Sense Writing, habits of thought and language gently dissolve to unlock your voice. The practice is continually expansive and non habit-forming to fit your evolving needs.
The Common Methods
Traditional craft classes teach writing through the elements of storytelling, such as character and conflict, which can make the writing process and product feel forced.
Free writes often use prompts to bypass overthinking. These free writes may eventually reinforce old habits of thought and language, keeping you in a spiral of repetition, obscuring your true voice.
Sense Writing’s specialized writing and movement sequences help you reach a place of supple awareness and flow, beyond good or bad, where elements of craft and story emerge and flow organically.
With Sense Writing, habits of thought and language gently dissolve to unlock your voice. The practice is continually expansive and non-habit-forming to fit your evolving needs.
Sense Writing applies neuro-sensory methods that help you keep an emotional balance of safety and surprise, so you can build a generative writing practice continuously renewed by curiosity.
In Our 12 Weeks Together You Will:
#1 Learn how to Start
(Nervous System Regulation)
- Gently dissolve unnecessary inhibitions so getting started feels inviting.
- Expand your capacity to absorb and process sensation to decrease feelings of overwhelm.
#2 Learn how to Deepen
- Harness the nervous system’s natural balance of curiosity and safety to keep yourself engaged as you write.
- Enrich the internal landscape of your creativity, whether memory or imagination.
#3 Learn how to Continue
- Identify the natural craft that’s embedded in your own writing.
- Bypass emotional triggers by dissolving old patterns of thought and language.
#4 Learn how to Complete
(Effortless Creative Flow)
- Hold the big picture and small details of a project at the same time so you don’t get lost along the way.
- Maintain a state of organic flow to the end of a piece, without depending solely on “great ideas.”
12 Weeks Towards a Rewarding and Resilient Practice
The Muse Visits
Connecting the Body and Writing
Beginning body mapping and the ground of story
Refining external awareness and entering your internal landscape
The Anatomy of Flow
Resetting the nervous system
Using self-regulation to uncover the seed of desire in your writing
Yearning as the key to structure in any genre
The Power of Slow Learning
Knowing Your Way Home
Settling into any landscape of memory or imagination
Connecting interoception and imagination to nurture elements of story
Dissolving habits and letting new patterns and choices emerge
Effortless Beginnings, Middles, and Ends
Becoming Your Own Muse
Inviting instead of imposing to write longer pieces
Growing the root system of setting, character, desire and plot
Craft as the outgrowth of all of the above
The Art of Completion
What You'll Experience When You Join The Sense Writing Course
Nine In-Depth Training Modules
- 27 exclusive Sense Writing neuro-sensory writing and movement sequences in both video and audio form
- 6-part Sense Writing Theory video series
- The Three Steps to Getting Started in Any Story
Live Training Calls
- 7 Live Training Calls with Madelyn (Scheduled for Sunday afternoons, EST. All calls are recorded and available within 48 hours.)
Three Fully-supported Integration Weeks
- To reflect, write, and share writing (optional) with the group
- Gives you padding to catch up, even if you fall behind
Support via Private Facebook Group
- Access to a supportive and private Facebook group to post your reflections and writing, and connect with other participants
- Get personal feedback on your own process from Madelyn
The Gift You Deserve
- Bonus – Facebook group will continue to be moderated by Madelyn and team for an additional month after the course
- LIFETIME Access as Valued Alumni means you can retake the course as many time as you’d like!
- 21-Day Money Back Guarantee
$797 (PAYMENT PLAN AVAILABLE)
Course Starts October 15th.
Before Sense Writing I was overthinking everything, I had to have an objective, I had to have an audience, I had to have everything in mind. And when you’re so overwhelmed who has the energy to pick up that pen and find a piece of paper? I didn’t. Sense Writing has cured that, amazingly.“Ariela Peleg
This course is not for you if:
- You believe creativity is something that “happens” to you and prefer to stay out of the driver’s seat.
- You don’t feel any hesitation in getting started in your writing.
- Your creative projects can do just fine coming in unpredictable bursts.
- You are not willing to explore deeper emotions underlying your creative patterns.
- You cannot support fellow students in their own creative journeys.
Madelyn Kent is a New York-based playwright and director, and former Creative Writing Faculty member at New York University’s Tisch School of the Arts. A pioneer in physical approaches to creativity, she developed Sense Writing because she believes the techniques she used to build a sustainable artistic path should be shared, not hidden away. To contribute to a more richly creative world, she wants to empower other artists to find their way forward, too.
Madelyn’s plays have been presented in theaters in Europe and New York, including the Obie-award Soho Rep, where she is a founding member of the Writer/Director Lab. After over 10 years of teaching, the limitations of available methods of teaching creative writing became impossible to ignore. The standard approaches seemed to overlook deeper issues of anxiety and blocks, and in some cases, reinforced them. Already deeply immersed in various physical approaches to creativity, she realized the crucial role physicality played in the realm of expression and imagination.
In 2008, Madelyn left New York and her teaching position to become a Practitioner in Feldenkrais Somatic Education. Upon returning to New York, she combined her expertise in Somatic Education, teaching, and writing to develop Sense Writing, which she has taught to over 700 people in 7 countries. She has helped students— from award-winning filmmakers and journalists to people who have never written before— find trust and joy in their creativity and build the resilient writing practice they’ve always wanted. Now for the first time Sense Writing is available to anyone in the world.
From the very first day, the private Facebook group is open. This is an optional group, where you can share your thoughts and reflections on any of that week's lessons, get extra support, and where I'll be to answer questions. Though the Facebook group will be an engaged community made up of participants from around the world, if you do not use Facebook, you will still get the full benefits of the course from the lessons themselves.
Our first live call will be scheduled during our second week, after you have settled into the program.
Sense Writing is an approach that people return to again and again as their writing transform and projects change. Though the program runs for 12-weeks, you can come back to the material in Sense Writing Online any time you need to in the future-- as your writing practice grows and evolves.
It's impossible to meet everyone's schedule across all time zones. If you are worried about missing some live call sessions and are hesitant to sign up, please don't let this impede you. The live sessions are recorded and you can submit a question to me beforehand which I will answer in the session.
Each Monday the lessons for that week are released in the member area. Though the Facebook discussions and the live call session will most likely reflect on that week's lesson, going at your own pace is a value of Sense Writing. You can take your time going through the weeks. And remember: you always have access to all the course materials.
Start Sense Writing online and discover a new way to write!
- Plug into deeper creativity from a heightened state of awareness.
- Break out of old writing and thinking habits.
- Make your writing practice sustainable.
- Cut through stubborn writer’s block.
- Bring your projects to completion.
- Discover the smarter part of yourself.
Over 700 people in 7 countries have transformed their creative process through Sense Writing.
Early bird offer of complimentary session with Madelyn ends on February 19th at 12 am EST.
Registration closes on March 4th at 12 am EST.
Course starts March 5th.